
Sometimes you need a little dose of it.
I was pretty annoyed with how my boys in Cleveland blew the game today. They had it won and gave it away. I wasn't angry, just annoyed. The Ravens are an excellent team and we pushed them to the limit. Why us, though? Why do WE have to suck all the time? Why do things like this happen to OUR team????? Valid questions......
But then I heard about the QB for the Bucs, Chris Simms. Sometime during the game, his spleen was ruptured. The team figured he had injured his ribs, and he only missed two plays. After the game, he was rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery to remove his spleen. And to top it off, he HAD injured his ribs as well earlier in the game and also had become dehydrated to the point where he needed an IV--that's when he missed the two plays.
The way our QB, Charlie Frye, was getting hit today, it easily could've been him. Or any quarterback, for that matter.
Some people have questioned Chris' toughness. I doubt THAT will continue after today. I've always liked Simms, and I always liked his dad, Phil. Good luck, Chris, and get better soon.
Yeah, we should've just kicked the field goal, taken the 3 points, and not try to score a touchdown on a pass that ended up getting intercepted. Yeah, we absolutely should've won. Horrible pass, and horrible play call. The Ravens should send our offensive coordinator a thank you card. He did his usual horrible job.
But I just don't feel that bad about the Browns losing anymore.
(originally posted 9-25-2006)
No comments:
Post a Comment